Delicious Homemade Raspberry Gelato Recipe•
Posted on August 11 2023
If you're a fan of fruity and creamy frozen treats, this Raspberry Gelato recipe is sure to become a new favorite. Bursting with the vibrant flavor of raspberries and the richness of creamy ingredients, this gelato is a delightful summer indulgence. Without further ado, let's dive into making this delectable dessert.
- 3 (12 ounce) bags frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups half and half, divided
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup fat-free powdered milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Step 1: Preparing the Raspberry Mixture
- Place the thawed raspberries in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pass the raspberry puree through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the seeds. This should make 2-3 cups of puree.
Step 2: Creating the Gelato Base
- In a separate saucepan, add the sugar and 1 1/4 cups of half and half, heat over medium heat until the sugar is blended and then turn heat to low.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they are pale and slightly thickened, add 1/2 cup of the hot half and half mixture to the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan with the hot half and half mixture.
- Increase heat to medium, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. This creates a custard base. Should be around 180 degrees. Make sure to keep stirring so the eggs don't scramble.
- Stir in the remaining half and half, powdered milk and heavy cream. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
Step 3: Combining the Mixtures
Add vanilla to your raspberry mixture and then gradually whisk into the custard base until well combined.
Step 4: Chilling and Churning
Cover it and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight. This allows the flavors to meld and the mixture to chill thoroughly.
Step 5: Freezing the Gelato
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions until it reaches a soft, creamy consistency.
- Transfer the churned gelato to an airtight container. You can also swirl in a little extra raspberry puree if desired.
- Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the gelato before sealing the container with a lid. This helps prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Freeze the gelato for at least 4 hours, or until it's firm enough to scoop.
Step 6: Serving and Enjoying
- When ready to serve, remove the gelato from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly.
- Scoop the raspberry gelato into bowls or cones, and garnish with fresh raspberries if desired.
Indulge in the delightful combination of raspberry goodness and creamy texture with every spoonful of this homemade gelato. Whether you enjoy it by yourself or share it with friends and family, this raspberry gelato is sure to be a hit all summer long!
Lemon Ricotta Cake
This Lemon Ricotta Cake is a wonderful dessert that strikes the perfect balance between tangy and sweet. The creamy ricotta adds moisture and richn...Read More
If you're craving a taste of the Mediterranean, this refreshing and vibrant Mediterranean Pasta Salad is the perfect dish to satisfy your palate. B...Read More
Delicious Homemade ...
If you're a fan of fruity and creamy frozen treats, this Raspberry Gelato recipe is sure to become a new favorite. Bursting with the vibrant flavo...Read More