Mediterranean Pasta Salad•
Posted on August 18 2023
If you're craving a taste of the Mediterranean, this refreshing and vibrant Mediterranean Pasta Salad is the perfect dish to satisfy your palate. Bursting with fresh vegetables, tangy olives, creamy feta cheese, and a zesty lemon-herb vinaigrette, it's a delightful blend of flavors and textures
- 1 pint Cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 Garlic cloves, small
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 12 oz Pasta, dry
- half of a medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper, freshly-cracked
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 4 oz Feta cheese
- Cook the Pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the dry pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Prepare the Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, freshly-squeezed lemon juice, minced oregano, honey, minced garlic, black pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside to let the flavors meld.
- Assemble the Salad: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked and cooled pasta, diced English cucumber, halved cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, and thinly sliced red onion.
- Dress the Salad: Drizzle the lemon-herb vinaigrette over the salad ingredients. Start with a portion of the vinaigrette and add more to taste. Gently toss the salad to ensure all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Chill and Serve: Once the salad is well-mixed, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and the salad to chill.
- Enjoy: Serve the Mediterranean Pasta Salad cold as a refreshing main dish or a side dish. It's perfect for picnics, potlucks, BBQs, or as a light and healthy lunch option.
- You can use any type of pasta you prefer, but farfalle (bowtie pasta) works particularly well for capturing the vinaigrette and holding the ingredients.
- Adjust the quantities of the vinaigrette ingredients to suit your taste preferences. If you like it tangier, add more lemon juice or vinegar; if you prefer it sweeter, adjust the honey.
With its vibrant colors and bold flavors, this Mediterranean Pasta Salad is sure to become a staple in your summer recipe collection. Bon appétit!
Heavenly Meltaway A...
Whether you're a baking enthusiast or someone with a sweet tooth, these meltaway almond cookies are a must-try. Share them with friends and family,...Read More
Lemon Ricotta Cake
This Lemon Ricotta Cake is a wonderful dessert that strikes the perfect balance between tangy and sweet. The creamy ricotta adds moisture and richn...Read More
If you're craving a taste of the Mediterranean, this refreshing and vibrant Mediterranean Pasta Salad is the perfect dish to satisfy your palate. B...Read More